Welcome to the fracta.net forum!

Share your coding ideas or ask questions.

Question New User Help Needed

• Mcurtin201
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #480 by Mcurtin201
New User Help Needed was created by Mcurtin201
I am new to VBA but have worked in the past with Avaya. I am interested in the scripting aspect through Excel. Aside from reading the forum here where can I get more info on the scripting code. Some thing that can explain what statements like '## Parameters.Add actually mean. There is no documentation here and I have been searching the web but am having no luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #481 by roller
Replied by roller on topic New User Help Needed
Hi Martin, I haven't seen any documentations that explain the Avaya Object model. The way I picked it up was from forums like this and once I knew the basics I experimented a lot to learn other bits. One way to get insight into what code you might require to use to run a certain report is to export the report as a script from Avaya then use Notepad to open it - you will find that the content is simply VB code. This VB code is very identical to what you need in VBA.

Also if you use the Excel VBA editor and add references to the Avaya objects you can use the VBA editor Object Explorer to check out what methods and properties are available for you. I hope you know enough about the VBA editor and how to add references so you know what I mean here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.863 seconds