Welcome to the fracta.net forum!

Share your coding ideas or ask questions.

Question Excel VBA macro to automate Avaya CMS Supervisor reports-v2

More
9 years 10 months ago #377 by roller
Hum this is not very clear but it is probably something simple that we can't see. I really don't think this is it but did you notice that you have

Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Times:", "00:00-23:59")

and the CMS script has

Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Times:", "0-23:59")

I am looking at anything different, try that.

Also I am not clear if your script runs at all or it is not running. Are you getting anything out of it the first time or are you getting the results you run via the application directly?

Do the debug.print lines evaluate to TRUE in the Immediate window or False? (Click on View in the VBA editor to show the Immediate window).

Do you have Google account or TeamViewer? This is better solved in a chat program.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #378 by roller
Wait I think I see where the problem is :silly:

You have:

Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Splits/Skills:", sk)
Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Date:", "0")
Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Times:", "00:00-23:59")

Try this instead:

Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Splits/Skills", sk)
Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Date", "0")
Debug.Print Rep.SetProperty("Times", "00:00-23:59")

Get rid of the : after each property, I don't see that in any of the original code. I don't have CMS here at home to try it but this might be the problem.

• brix08
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #379 by brix08
LOL :lol: hahaha it is now working.. just a single character ruins it.. thanks for the help man...

More
9 years 10 months ago #380 by roller
Yep that is usually the case, you need a good pair of eyes to spot it!

• Aaronh13
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #387 by Aaronh13
Hey!

First off I want to thank you, the macros you've made are amazing and work perfectly for what I need :)

I have a situation though that could make life a lot easier if I could get it resolve though... Typically I connect to two separate CMS servers in a given day. The macro that I use is the one that uses the CMS servers as a reference, and connects to the ones already open. I know that I can set the reference in VBA to pick which server to use, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to get it to determine which server I'm already connected to, and use the appropriate one.

Would there be any chance that I could get VBA to check which IP address the instance of CMS is using? I would like to initiate a check before it sets the reference to the server using Set cvsSrv = cvsApp.Servers(1).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

More
9 years 10 months ago #388 by roller
You can use the cvsSrv.Name to give you the Server Name or IP of the server, whichever you got it set up in the application.

You can also make your own connection to the server by specifying the IP to use instead of using the open connection via the running application.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds