Welcome to the fracta.net forum!

Share your coding ideas or ask questions.

Question Microsoft Access Runtime 2010 cannot verify the license for this application. A repair attempt faile

More
9 years 5 months ago #479 by roller
I had Microsoft Office Home and Business installed along side Microsoft Access Runtime side by side on a client's PC. They were working fine for over a year then all of the sudden everytime Access Runtime is started it re-configures it self then asks for the product key.

MS Access Runtime is free and does not come with a key so what to do?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Access Runtime but no luck same results. At the end I went into the Control Panel and select MS Office Home and Business add or remove feature option. In there there an Access option, even though this version of Office doesn't come with MS Access. I selected Access to run on First on first use and it configured something and when finished I went to Access Runtime and it worked without asking for the product key.

I am not sure how and why this happened but maybe a recent MS Office update stuffed things up and disable some Access components and maybe the only way to get then back on is to do the above.

I am sure if I completely uninstalled MS Office Home and Business and Access Runtime and re-installed them from scratch may have fixed the issue but I didn't want to do this as I didn't want to go around trying to locate the product key and disc for the installed version of Home and Business.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds